On this Day September 16
- On this Day September 16, 2008 – Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 was released for the Nintendo Wii in North America. However, this also released in Japan, Europe and Australia on December 18, 2008, June 6, 2009 and July 2, 2009 respectively.
Genre: Music, exercise
Description: Hottest Party 2 features many improvements. it promised an entirely new soundtrack featuring music from the “last four decades”, more innovative Wii Remote and Nunchuk support, four-player multiplayer and brand new gameplay modes. Hottest Party 2 features a difficulty range.
- On this Day September 16, 2008 – Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.
Publisher: Krome Studios & n-Space
Genre: Action-adventure, hack and slash
Description: A third-person action game in which the player’s character’s weapons are the Force and a lightsaber. Set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, the game begins with Darth Vader being sent by Emperor Palpatine, his Sith Master and ruler of the Galactic Empire, to hunt down a Jedi Knight and survivor of the Great Jedi Purge named Kento Marek on the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
- On this Day September 16, 2004 – Pokémon Emerald was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in Japan. However this also released in North America, Australia and Europe on May 1, 2005, June 9, 2005 and October 21, 2005.
Publisher: The Pokémon Company & Nintendo
Description: Third version of the third generation of Pokemon games.
- On this Day September 16, 2003 – Boktai: The Sun Is in Your Hand was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in North America. However, this also released in Japan and Europe on July 17, 2003 and May 14, 2004.
Genre: Action role-playing
Description: The game narrative transpires in a period near the end of the world, called the Age of Darkness. The story features the appearance of the undead after the natural cycle of life and death was broken. People started dying due to the curse of the dark matter. Those who survived became prey to the dark creatures called the Immortals.
- On this Day September 16, 2003 – The Simpsons: Hit & Run was released for the Nintendo Game Cube in North America. However, this also released in Europe on October 31, 2003.
Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games
Genre: Action-adventure, racing
Description: The Simpsons: Hit & Run has seven levels, each with missions and a sub-plot. The player can control one specific character in each level. The game’s playable characters are Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, and Apu, with Homer and Bart being playable twice each. When travelling on foot, the player character can walk, jump, run, and perform three types of melee attacks: a normal kick, a jumping kick, and a smashing move. To drive, the player can either hitchhike and control the driver in one of the many civilian vehicles that drive endlessly around town, or use a phone booth to select a car.
- On this Day September 16, 2002 – Boulder Dash EX was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance.
Genre: Puzzle, Action
Description: Has a gritty World of Sand and the scalding World of Fire and six unique and challenging environments to explore in the quest to find Sonya. Each mysterious land features indigenous creatures, hidden hazards and perplexing puzzles.
- On this Day September 16, 2002 – Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in North America. However this also released in Japan and Europe on June 6, 2002 and October 11, 2002 respectively.
Genre: Platform-adventure, action role-playing
Description: A 2D side-scrolling style of gameplay, similar to many of the previous Castlevania video games.[ The objective of the game is to lead the player-character, Juste Belmont, through the monster-filled castle as he searches for his kidnapped friend. The castle consists of two “layers”: Castle A and B. Structurally, each castle has mostly the same room layout, but monster types, items, and other aspects vary between the two versions.