On this Day September 12
- Although not Nintendo related on September 12, 2003 Valve releases their game distribution software Steam out of beta.
- On this Day September 12, 2009 – Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver was released for the Nintendo DS in Japan. However, this also released in North America, Australia and Europe on March 14, 2010, March 25, 2010 and March 26, 2010 respectively.
Publisher: The Pokémon Company
Description: Remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver, the second generation of pokemon games.
- On this Day September 12, 2006 – Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and Nintendo Gamecube in North America. However this also released in Europe and Australia and on September 11, 2007 and September 15, 2007 respectively.
Description: Lego Star Wars II’s gameplay is from a third-person perspective, and takes place in a 3D game world that contains objects, environments, and characters designed to resemble Lego pieces.
- On this Day September 11, 200 – MechAssault: Phantom War was released for the Nintendo DS in North America. However, this also released in Europe and Australia on June 29, 2007 and August 3, 2007.
Publisher: Majesco Games & Eidos Interactive
Genre: Action, shooter
Description: Players assume the role of a BattleMech pilot in a 3D environment with a third person view of the combat via the top screen of the DS, while the touch screen displays the inside of the cockpit and acts as the game’s controls.
- On this Day September 12, 2006 – Mega Man ZX was released for the Nintendo DS in North America. However this also released in Japan, Australia and Europe on July 6, 2006, June 20, 2007 and June 22, 2007 respectively.
Genre: Action, platform, Metroidvania
Description: In the year 25XX, humans and Reploids now coexist peacefully, successfully restoring Earth’s former nations thanks to the technological efforts of Slither Incorporated. The peace is interrupted when several incidents of reploids becoming Mavericks are reported, making several areas dangerous. Trading between nations became obstructed, forcing the nations to become divided into utopian cities. These cities became safe havens for peaceful reploids, humans and the cyborg humanoids.
- On this Day September 12, 2003 – Starsky & Hutch was released for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in North America. However this also released in Europe on September 26, 2003.
Publisher: Empire Interactive & Gotham Games
Genre: Vehicular combat
Description: The game follows the adventures of David Michael Starsky and Kenneth ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson as they clean up Bay City in their Gran Torino.
- On this Day September 12, 2003 – Scooby-Doo! Unmasked was released for the Nintendo Game Cube and Nintendo Game Boy Advance in North America. However this also released in Europe and Australia on September 23, 2005.
Description: The game opens with Scooby-Doo and the gang visiting Fred’s cousin Jed at his special effects movie studio and factory Monstrous Fright and Magic or M.F.M., but once they get there, Jed is missing, and his animatronics have gone haywire. They find M.F.M. CEO Winslow Stanton and his assistant Marcy, who inform them Jed is responsible for sabotaging M.F.M. and has not only stolen some expensive animatronics but also a large supply of Mubber (a special compound used make animatronics into life-like special effects monsters). Scooby and the gang thus take it upon themselves to track down Jed and recover the stolen items.